Monday, April 18, 2011

Last few days with Daddy

It's tough to say goodbye to your Dad. I know that we are doing this for a specific reason and it's only for a short time and that so many people need work and don't have it. We have so many blessings. And you and I get along really well and we have a blast together. But Dad adds a wonderful element. You and he are buddies. You just have a different relationship and I know that we both miss him when he's gone. So before he left we decided to take you to Epcot.

Here's you and Daddy and Chum. Not sure how any of you are feeling about this...
You and your dad are great friends. Amazing friends. You guys are also such similar spirits. I think you are both going to give me a run for my money, keep me on my toes.
Funny story. We were walking out of Epcot and decided to take a side street and leisurely walk out. Your dad stopped at this random spot and gave me a big kiss and then a long hug. It was night time, after the fireworks and we just held each other for a while, which is unusual for your dad because he is not big on PDA. All of the sudden you Dad says "Hey, that guy over there looks just like Steve Collins!" Steve was one of your Dad's roommates in college and one of his closest friends. Turns out, it WAS Steve and his wife and their beautiful little girl.

We were able to meet up with them again and celebrate Alice's 1st birthday. Little miracles, right? What are the chances of us going to Epcot at that time, walking down a side path and stopping to make out 10 feet from them?

So glad we got to see you guys!!!

No comments: