Friday, February 4, 2011

Going Back to Nemo


It's funny how life works, huh?

Adam and I felt so strongly about coming to San Diego. We knew that it was right. We knew we had to do it. So we did, We are here. We left all of our friends and family in Florida and moved across the country to be here.

It is so great, the opportunities Adam is able to have. He is learning so much and so involved. I am so proud of him!

On the other hand, I have been having a difficult time adjusting. I have been praying so hard to get the comfort and peace I need to feel at home here.

Well, two weeks ago Adam and I went over our finances and realised how much more we need to make ends meet while we are in school. I am the only one who can work so I was starting to really feel the pressure. I was starting to look for jobs around here, but I hated the thought of leaving Xander with people I don't know. I hated how long I would have to work in order to make our life possible. I was just feeling down.

Enter Monday. I got a call from wonderful Disney Casting Director who offered me a full time contract. The offer was for Dory in "Finding Nemo the Musical." As many of you know, it's a part that I already know and love. Only problem-it's in Florida and Adam is in San Diego.

After getting the offer and crunching the numbers, it turns out that it is the exact amount we need in order to survive. By going away for 6 months I will be able to solve our financial problems. As Adam and I thought and prayed and prayed some more, a peace came over us. We went through month by month and found time each month for us to fly to see each other. We found a WONDERFUL friend who volunteered to watch Xander in her home so he wouldn't have to go to daycare. We have Adam's family super close and we have an AMAZING support group of friends down there.

While it is incredibly difficult to think of parting for any amount of time, it's beautiful to think of how we are led when we allow ourselves to open up to different possibilities.
God is so good!

I am grateful for the friends and family who have supported us so far and look forward to seeing all of our Florida friends soon.

February 21st-watch out Florida, here we come!

10 comments:

Angela and Keith said...

AWESOME!!!! I'm jealous.

Tiff said...

Wow. I could never do that! That takes some major courage and faith on your part. But, all in all, it's amazing how God answers our prayers.

cathy said...

Good luck! ...Life sure is an adventure, isn't it?

Nattles said...

It'll probably be so tough sometimes but at least you have the assurance that you are where God wants you to be and that is the ultimate comfort! You are the woman!

Anonymous said...

I honest to goodness COULDN'T be more happy for you. God is good.
If we make it down to Florida we will come see you!

Kristi said...

This makes me so happy for so many reasons.
First- that you have an opportunity to get the money to get through school.
Second- That you have worked it out to be able to see Adam
And Third- That you get to do something you love while you miss the one you love the most!

I think the Lord is very forthcoming with blessings after he sends a little one :-)
You can do this!

Cassandra Laine said...

Yayyyyyyyyyyyy! I just wrote you my thoughts to your facebook inbox - SO FREAKIN' EXCITED.

love you!!!

xoxox

Cassie

Lissa said...

It's amazing to remember that God really is into the very details of our lives.

I'm excited for your family and will say some prayers that everything works out.

Staci said...

I'm so happy for you. It will so great for you in FL. !!

Birdy said...

I'm excited for you!!! PLUS, that means you're closer to me again! :) Hooray! So one of these minutes I'll have to make my way down to Florida and see you...because I'm really DYING to go to Disneyworld. I shall start saving so I can see you and your cute cute baby! ...and maybe Adam if he's there. ;)