Monday, January 3, 2011

A Goal 19 years in the Making

When we were little my mom and dad had a FHE (that's Family Home Evening, a night we put aside to spend time together as a family) about the Temple. The temple is such a special place to go as a family to ponder, pray and learn.

At that FHE, 19 years ago, we made a goal to be together in temple as a family in 2010. We colored a picture and put the year-2010-on it and hung it in the living room. Everywhere we lived we would have that picture. 19 YEARS!!!!

Enter January 2011. Jon, my youngest brother, is going on a mission. Before he left we were able to fulfill that goal of being together as a family in the temple. My older brother flew in from Virginia and I flew in from San Diego. It was the most amazing thing to be altogether there as a family.

I feel incredibly blessed to have such a precious family that I am a part of. They are supportive, kind, loving and all of them are my friends.

1 comment:

Tiff said...

That's amazing - and mad props to your parents!