Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The Baby Belly

I thought that after having a baby my body would kind of just get back into shape. I was in pretty good shape before I had Xander, I tried to stay active and eat well and I didn't give into my cravings. When I left the hospital I was SHOCKED to see that I couldn't fit into my skinny jeans. WHAT?!?! I still had a pooch and flab. I did not sign up for that!

At 2 months after I had Xander I was still not happy with my body. I just looked kind of dumpy.
Enter the contest!

Adam and I decided to enter into a contest with each other to see who could lose the highest percentage of body weight. We kept tracks of the calories we ate and then did an exercise program called P90X to get in shape. At the end of the 12 weeks I ended up losing 8.1% of my body weight and Adam ended up winning with a loss of 11.3% of his body weight.

As awesome as it was to lose the weight it feels even better to be active and in shape.

Here is my before picture
Here is my after picture.

5 comments:

Zach and Linds said...

Great job guys!!! I bet you feel as wonderful as you look!!!

The Voorhees Family said...

Wow Andrea! You look great! Good job cute thing. I want a before and after of Adam now. Hey, what about X?

Cassandra Laine said...

Umm...DANG GIRL!!! You are truly an inspiration!!! Hottie pa-tottie!! Cute hair too! Cute you! well always!

Staci said...

DANG. I'm getting Px90. LOL

Jen said...

Yowzah!!!!! You look amazing! I'm so happy for you!
Way to go guys!