Friday, October 16, 2009

A Trip to the Hospital

So we are directing "Savior of the World" for our stake. After rehearsal one night I was locking up the church and felt a small bug bite me on my second toe. It was a little bite and I didn't think anything of it. Adam and I got in the car and as we were driving home I kept itching it. It kept getting worse and worse. Then my underarms started itching and burning. Then my hips, then my lips started swelling. Then my eyes started burning. By the time we were home, I felt like everything on my body was burning and itching. Adam gave me some Benadryl and then he gave me a blessing. I thought that I would just soak in a cool bath and I would get better. Adam looked at me and told me that we needed to go to the hospital NOW. I argued a little with him and then gave in. I am so grateful that he listens to the Spirit. We live about 5 minutes from the hospital and by the time we arrived my airway was closed off and I couldn't breath. They stuck and bunch of stuff in me right there in triage and I finally started up breathing again.

Fun times! I got a tiny taste of what my little sister Bethie goes through anytime she gets around peanuts.


Adam got this picture before we went to the hospital. Awesome, right?

8 comments:

Angela and Keith said...

That is so scary!!! I'm glad you're okay. Did you find out what kind of bug it was?

Rach, Mike, Allie and Hadley said...

That is scary! Glad you are okay!

~Michelle~ said...

Scary!!!
I'm so glad you are okay now.

Brett and Lisa said...

oh my gosh! That is crazy and scary! Did they know what bit you?

fivewalkers said...

Oh...that just sucks...I'm glad you super hubby took good care of you. BTW killer pix...

The Voorhees Family said...

Uh, Andrea, thanks for not dying on us!

Joe said...

Nice picture! Do you have any pictures that show the effects of the spider bite?

Adam and Andrea Daveline said...

Thanks Joe. Love you too!