Wednesday, April 29, 2009

First Annual Keith Daveline Memorial Marathon!

Keith Daveline was a wonderful, inspiring, caring man whom I never had the pleasure of meeting. He raised a wonderful family and was a inspiring father, companion, son and example. He was also a marathon runner.

Adam and I started training together so that we could run a marathon together. Unfortunately, my knees blew out. However, Adam and Charlie kept on with the training and finally he was ready.

We decided to have Adam run this marathon up in Jacksonville.

Peggy and I went about ever 1-2 miles to give Adam and Charlie water, PowerAid, orange slices or glucose gels. We had a blast watching Adam and Charlie progress.










Here is one of Adam and Charlie making their way down to the Halfway Mark!












Here is Adam, all smiles still. He and Charlie were so great. They both did such a great job. Talking and smiling.












Here they are at the end. I am so proud of them!!!

Adam and I are going to try and get the American Heart Association involved next year. We want to raise money for research for the Heart defect Adam's father passed away from. We are hoping to make it a annual thing. I am so happy and proud of Adam. He worked so hard and prepared for so long for this. It's a great memorial for Keith and a wonderful opportunity for all of us to remember him.

5 comments:

Brett and Lisa said...

Great job Adam! I am in for next year... unless I am prego :)!

~Michelle~ said...

Adam, that's just awesome that you ran a marathon! Way to go!

Kjersti said...

Wow! Awesome, awesome, awesome!

Rach, Mike, Allie and Hadley said...

We are so impressed! I don't know how people run that long! Great job!

Joseph Walker said...

Congratulations Adam! What an amazing accomplishment for you AND for Charlie! We're proud of both of you -- mostly you. And I love the idea of making it an annual thing. What a great tribute to your wonderufl father! God bless you! We love you! Your favorite father-in-law