Thursday, February 21, 2008

Most embarassing stage moment to date


Well, it was bound to happen. I have my offical worst moment on stage ever. I talked to my Papa about it and now he has requested that I share it with all. So here goes.


Our story opens on me, I play a ditzy blonde who loves to talk about nonsense. During the course of the scene, I get very excited and start to undress quickly. Now take some deep breaths. I have on a cute, very tasteful and covering slip and some frilly boy shorts. Well, it's the first time working with my costume and it is in front of a very packed audience. I get to my skirt, pull it down and hear a gasp. I had pulled down the boy shorts as well. Down to my knees. I was wearing tights, but nothing else. I looked down, pulled my boy shorts back up and said some sort of flighty thing and jumped into the bed. Believe you me, I did NOT want to come back out from under that bed, but I had an entire song to sing. I just cannot believe that I flashed an entire audience. Needless to say, I have now pinned the boy shorts to my tights and go a bit more slowly in the undressing. NO MORE FLASHING!!!

Ahhhh, the joys of live theater.

9 comments:

Amy said...

WOW. Wooooow. :-)

Laurel and David Lowe said...

AAAAHHHHH!!! I can't believe that!! It's funny, but I hurt for you, too!! OH MAN! WEll, at least you'll have a great story to tell people someday. Nobody will be able to top it! I love you for sharing this!

Brett and Lisa said...

You are so cute and funny! That is hilarious.. do you really mean that you had absolutely nothing under those tights... oh, man! I am sure that you handled it well - now you can always looks back and laugh!!

Jen & Johnny said...

Yeah... that is just slightly embarrassing!!! You are amazing that you could go on~ even sing a song after that!! You are truely a prfessional!!!

Joe said...

I had the same problem when once when I was giving a talk in church. Don't worry, you'll get through it.

Anonymous said...

Oh dear!! I am so sorry that you had to have a moment THAT embarassing!! But if anyone could get through it without breaking character...it would be you. Way to go ang!! Love ya hon

Rebecca said...

Oh my!! LOL! You are so good to be able to keep going with the show!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Uhh...Andrea...I'm really glad that nothing like that happened in Carousel or I would have been forced to render you unconcious. Love Melissa!

Rachel said...

HAAAAA!!! I love you! I'm so sorry, but what a fantastic story.