Saturday, February 9, 2008

Happy Birthday to DADDY!!!

So today is a very special day because it's my daddy's birthin' day.

Happy Birthday Poppa!

I wish so much that I could be with you all on this wonderful day. I am sure the meal would be amazing and the company even better. Adam and I are feeling very blessed right now to be able to do what we love and feel guided to be doing as well as being able to be close to family. I do wish that it were my family we were close to, so that at times like this I could share in all of the smiles and all of the jokes and all of the clean-up. I would also be able to give dad a stern talking to about this no birthday present thing. What's up with that? I guess that in the long run, letters are much better. You don't eat them or wear them out and they never go out of fashion, but sometimes I just want to get you a present. I mean, after all of the things that you have done for me, dad, I would love to give you some sort of gift.

One of the many gifts you gave me is a work ethic. I remember so clearly seeing you work and sacrifice for your family. You never complained about it, you just did it. I am only starting to realize how many dreams you changed or put on hold so that you could provide for us. I am so grateful for that. I also remember how hard you worked WITH us on Saturdays. These were my favorite mornings. You would turn on oldies and we would rock out and clean to the music. It was during times like this that you would grill into my brain the type of problems I would be faced with if I really decided to do this acting thing. You would ask me questions and test my boundaries. How grateful I am for that now. I have declined many jobs in the past year and a half without regret or blinking an eye because I already know my limits.

We all know that my talent doesn't lie with the written word. I am not witty like Joe or passionate like Amy or brilliant like Beth or sincere like Jon. But I can give you a little song. Just click on the little esnips sign and it will take you to a folder with 2 Carpenters songs that Adam and I did in one take, just like Karen (another thing we discussed while cleaning). I remember how much you loved her voice and the music she brought into this world. I remember seeing the saddness in your eyes when you told me how she died. Someone with such a gift! Someone who hadn't yet given all she could have to this world. Don't worry Poppa! Because of your example, I don't intend to ever quit or give up. Life changes and priorities rearrange, but I will not stop trying to create beautiful art, beautiful music and a beautiful family. Thank you for making sure I started out on the right road. I promise not to get off of it!

I love you so much!!! Happy Birthday Daddy!
Andrea and Adam

No comments: